All these posts will be in the order, for a beginner to learn about openCV, install it and learn to make some programs, so that he will be ready for the big challenges.
1. What is openCV and why you should learn it ?
2. What we are going to do and how to start learning it in an easy and quick manner ?
3. Before Installing openCV what you should do in your computer ?
4. Installing openCV
5. After installing openCV, some resources and groups to join
6. Some terms you must know in image processing
7. Some assignments on image processing to do based on your openCV knowledge till now
8. Some tips to doing the assignments given
9. The importance of face recognition in today's world
10. Solutions to the assignments given - Code snippets
11. A face detector with openCV
12. A Face+Eye detector with openCV
13. Haar training aka creating a haar cascade classifier
14. Review of what you have learnt till now
15. How to use the CSU face evaluation system
16. SURF algorithm for matching